mercredi 26 novembre 2008

Internet in my life…


Internet constitutes nowadays the half of my life. I go everyday on internet (and sometimes all night long !) for a scholar, professional or personal purpose.


As a matter of fact there are activities that I do almoast every day such as checking my mail, visiting Facebook (usefull wheb you have friends that you cannnot see, which permits me to keep in touch with my friends, particularly with those who are abroad) watching videos on video sharing website or listening music.

I also listen music on Internet (no matter if I'm home or at school) every day. When I want to discover new thing I go on Dailymotion or Youtube. Then I download unlawfully the groupe or the album I liked or I listen them on Deezer if they are available. Personnaly I like Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Recently I have discovered James Newton Howard's music for I AM A LEGEND. A nice score. I go on Youtube, Dailymotion at least once in a day ! Sometime more ! I can spend hours there ! Recently I've discovered an old American cartoon : SPAWN (adapted from Tod Maxferlane) or Pirates of Dark Water ! Both were very good shows. They are not childlish at all though they are cartoons !


Internet is of course very usefull as regards my scholarship. As a matter of fact : my main information provider is Internet ! I only use books when I want to focus on specific point -though I can download sometimes books on Internet or read for free books on some website ! Wikipedia is an excellent tool when I am starting a research for it gives me general information and links to more specialized website. Recently with a team we have been using a google doc in order to make our collaboration simpler ! Personnally I think I will use my blog for my memo this year in order to do a little marketing research : sending links to poeple I know when I will be abroad and writing down their feelings and answers to the videos I will show them (I am doing a memo on video theft on internet). I also think I will try to keep the habit of using wikis : SAY WE is very interesting because I can learn a lot of things thanks to my mates !


During my Interneship, I've been using e-tools in order to communicate and to do some marketing research ! I had to do some bench marking on the web in order to learn the trends of the market ! I also had to learn how to use the Intranet of my corportion : sharing information is a very important part of any kind of job in our contemporary society ! However, as far as I am concerned I think the telephone is still a very important tool (I know this may be astonishing !) : when I was stuck, or facing a problem, telephone was much more helpful than e-mails because I could catch and keep the attention of my counterpat and therfore find a solution together!

As I want to work in the digital audiovisual word (dailymotion for instance is my main target for now !) Internet will definitly be a part of my futur job and I hope Internet and I would become intimates and that I will have a lot of fun in my prospective job !

Aucun commentaire: